Thursday, November 13, 2008

Readings in Chicago on Friday and Tuesday

I'm taking part in two events in the next few days and wanted to make sure my Chicago blog readers knew about them as I would love to see you there!

Tomorrow night (Friday the 14th), I'll be the featured reader at one of Chicago's greatest reading series, the Windy City Story Slam. It will take place at Chinaski's, 1935 N. Damen in Chicago. It starts at 8, I'll probably read between 9:30 and 10 and the event will go on into the wee hours. I've never been to a reading event like the Windy City Story Slam. It's like hanging out with your really funny, good storyteller friends and listening to them tell you about some crazy adventure they had. And it's a competition. The championships are in January, so the Slammers will really be on their game. They are going to tell some great stories! Right now I think I'll be doing two readings, a brief section from IWBYJR and a chapter from BALLADS OF SUBURBIA. So if you want a sneak peek from my new book, you'll want to be there tomorrow night. Here's the flyer with all the additional info:
Then on this coming Tuesday, November 18th, I'm taking part in opening night of Chicago's newest reading series, the Orange Alert Reading Series. I'm reading with Spencer dew, Ben Tanzer, and my dear friend Rob Duffer. That is at 7 pm at The Whistler, 2421 N. Milwaukee. Help us celebrate another great addition to the Chicago literary scene and come out! Again, her's the pretty flyer:

Cool, I hope to see friends new and old at these events!

No comments: