I just got my copy of the Winter issue of Venus Zine and there is a full page spread on me and I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone on page 43! And those 2008 Hottt List results for Best Book:
1. David Sedaris, When You Are Engulfed in Flames
2. Stephanie Kuehnert, I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone
3. Chelsea Handler, Are you There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea
4. Sloane Crosly, I Was Told There Would Be Cake
5. Sarah Vowell, The Wordy Shipmates
Um, that is freakin' HUGE considering all those other books are bestsellers according to Amazon! So thank you thank you thank you to all the wonderful people who voted for my little punk book. Cause that is what makes it really special: YOU chose it.
So if you subscribe to Venus, go check your mailbox for your issue. If you don't, I believe it will be on newsstands on December 1, so pick it up to read the interview and see the list of my top five rocknroll reads. If you are in Chicago, you can attend this sweet release party on December 3rd. Sadly I'll be working, so go on my behalf and get some great swag.
I heart you, readers! I heart you, Venus!