Monday, February 25, 2008

A cultural virus or a fad, you decide....

I’ve been tagged for a meme by Diane.

I wasn’t entirely sure what a “meme” was so I checked on wikipedia. (Yes, I do sort of live in a cave. Or maybe I have writer tunnel vision where I go through long periods of being completely oblivious to things outside of the books I’m writing or reading.) One definition likened it to a cultural virus which excited me, that sounded sort of revolutionary. Another called it a fad and I generally prefer not to get involved with those (except for the slap bracelet fad, I loved slap bracelets), but this looks like fun and it’s another dreary Monday in Chicago and I have nothing to blog about except for still being excited about the aforementioned ARCs and carrying one everywhere with me.

So without further adieu, my meme:

Here are the rules:

1/ you link back to the person who tagged you.
Check, see the link to Diane’s blog above.

2/ post these rules on your blog.
Check.

3/ share six unimportant things about yourself.

  1. I loved slap bracelets and am hoping for more mildly violent jewelry trends in the future.
  2. I’ve never seen an episode of “Friends.” At first it was just because I had no interest, but now that I’ve gone so long without seeing it, I purposely avoid it just so I can say I haven’t seen it.
  3. Though I wanted to play Rizzo or Frenchy in Grease, I ended up playing Cha Cha, the girl that steals Danny Zuko from Sandy. This occurred between the summer of 7th and 8th grade and I sometimes wonder if this role caused all the bad dating karma I seemed to have during high school. Or maybe that was just high school…
  4. I still have my blankie from when I was an infant. She’s really just a knot of fabric now, but I still sleep with her under my pillow. And yes, she does have a gender.
  5. Birds freak me out. I like them, but I don’t like to be to close them. I learned this when a sparrow got into my room Thanksgiving of 2003 and it practically caused a panic attack. And that movie The Birds, well it seems realistic to me.
  6. The first concert I ever saw was Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation tour. It was for my 10th birthday. It was far too loud for my virgin ears so we only stayed for three or four songs. But I felt ashamed to go home so early. My mom, ever supportive woman that she is, drove me around the town where the concert arena was located. It was actually the town she’d lived in during high school, so we had a neat little bonding moment where I learned all about her childhood. Thanks, Janet.

4/ tag six random people at the end of your entry.

Melissa

Scarlett

Eryn

Jenny

Jeri

Vanessa

5/ let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs.
Okay, I am off to do this.

Those of you who were not tagged should feel free to participate as well by telling me some random things in comment form. (I like to change and convolute fads.)

2 comments:

Authorness said...

Hey, Steph. I never watched Friends either, but now I have to watch it every day at work. At least I'm paid to do it.

Vanessa

Diane said...

Hey Stephanie,

Thanks for playing.

If you think Janet Jackson assualted your virgin ears, try Black Sabbath for a first concert. Yep, my uncle took me when I was 13!