Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mini-honeymoon and other blog posts

Yay! I just booked our mini-honeymoon at this fabulous B&B, the Magruder House, in Kankakee, IL! I really want to go to Hawaii or some place equally fabulous and tropical for our real honeymoon, but that is going to have to be in January due to both money and me potentially teaching in the fall. However when I talked to my friend Elise who just got married, she relayed some important advice given to her: go somewhere right after the wedding, those are very important days in your marriage and you never get them back.

So I started musing about places to go, considering New Buffalo, MI again, the place we went right after our engagement. Or maybe Wisconsin somewhere. But then I met two guys at the Beacon last Monday and they were telling me about the B&Bs they own in Kankakee. One of the things I love most about my job is talking to the many different people who come into the bar, many of whom later become resources in some way or another. The Magruder House B&B in a Victorian gothic house sounded perfect and they have a romance package and we can rent the whole house! It's also only an hour drive from home so that's nice. And the truly crazy thing.... it's only going to cost us about 60$ more for TWO nights there than one night in a local hotel right after our wedding is going to cost. Oh Chicago area, you are such a rip off!

Anyway, I'm very excited about this mini-honeymoon and I needed some cheering up after my illness and slow business at the bar making me quite broke, etc etc.

If you have any Hawaii or other tropical suggestions for the real honeymoon (tho I am pretty obsessed with Hawaii, so it would have to be truly amazing to lure me away from that), pls comment away.

Also, I know I have been a blog draught the past couple weeks, but am making up for it with fun posts at the other places I blog this week, so pls go read and comment on my posts at MTV Books and Teen Fiction Cafe!

2 comments:

Diana Dang said...

That sounds fun! I hope you have an amazing time!

I personally would drag my husband-to-be to Japan for a full-out adventure. I have been dreading to go there for years! There are plenty of amazing stuff that I want to do and see there! Unfortunately, I will have to find someone to marry first. And when can a 16 years old do that nowadays?

Oh, I have received the swag in the mail today! Thank you so much!

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

Glad you got the swag, Diana, enjoy it!!!

Ooh Japan. Way way way out of my price range, but would love to go sometime!