Monday, June 29, 2009

Another ARC contest and an Invitation to the Ballads of Suburbia Cyber Launch Party!

Okay, finally I have what I promised you last week, a very exciting invitation and another contest opportunity for an ARC of Ballads of Suburbia. Sorry I'm late, both me and my creative consultant, The Compulsive Reader, were having technical and other sorts of difficulties. I think The Compulsive Reader was wishing YouTube was a physical thing she could throttle. And last week was one of those nervous breakdown weeks for me. No air conditioning. (that is fixed, though of course now it's nice out). No internet half the time. (I'm still angry at Comcast about that and untrusting and plotting against them.) Bad news rolling in on all fronts: personal, professional, friends, family. No one tipping at the bar. Ugh. But now it's a new week and I'm all about positive energy and thinking and its gonna be a good week dammit!

So I hope I have something here that is going to get you very, very, very excited. It's a big-ass cyber launch party for Ballads of Suburbia. You are all invited and here is your gorgeous video invitation created by The Compulsive Reader!




Didn't she do an amazing job? I think she is awesome!

Here are the details of the invite:

I'm throwing a cyber launch party for Ballads of Suburbia. It's gonna start on July 13th (my 30th birthday) and run for approximately a month. My guests are all fabulous writers and one very kick-ass musician.

Here's the Guest List:

Liza Graves of the band Civet
Polly Jirkovsky

What they'll be doing:

As you may have gathered from the Ballads of Suburbia book description, my characters in the book write their "ballads" in a notebook. The ballads are like confessions of the moments that changed their lives, often very secret, very heartbreaking. My guests won't be so heartbreaking I'm sure. They will be sharing a lot of interesting, personal stories, sometimes hilarious, often music themed. It's gonna be good stuff.

Prizes:
Many of my guests will also be giving away prizes, maybe signed copies of their books, maybe other fun stuff. At the end of the whole party, MTV Books has agreed to give out a grand prize basket of books to one lucky winner. So basically, I have a party, but you guys get all of the presents. That works out pretty nicely, huh?

And of course I'll be sharing some ballads of my own and giving away copies of Ballads of Suburbia. But you can win my very last ARC of Ballads RIGHT NOW.

This Week's Contest:
I will do a drawing for my last and final Ballads ARC next Monday. This contest is going to work the same way many of my other contests have worked. You spread the word about the Ballads of Suburbia Cyber Launch Blog Party. Each blog entry, or tweet or other online place you talk about the party, share the video invitation, etc counts as an entry. You also get entries for linking to this blog or talking about this contest. Get your friends involved. If they post about the blog party and let me know they learned about it from you, you get an entry.

By Monday July 6 at 9 am CST make sure I know about all of your entries. You can do this by sending me a complete list to stephanie at stephaniekuehnert dot com or by leaving the list in the comment section here. Friend referrels work the same way. Make sure they email me or comment that they heard from you so it counts as a entry. With twitter remember to include the @writerstephanie tag somewhere in there so I see the tweet.

I'll notify the winner of the Ballads ARC next Monday!

Comment away if you have any questions. And go ahead and express your excitement about the party too ;) I don't know about you, but I'm pretty psyched!

8 comments:

Wendy Toliver said...

Sounds great, Stephanie! Can't wait.

Marie said...

Can't wait either!!

sweetmelissa818 said...

That's so funny! My anniversary is on July 13th!

Jazz said...

This sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I have a very close family member who almost died due to heroin addiction so I am really happy you have written a book about overcoming drug abuse. I can't wait to read it.

Brittany said...

I just finished reading and reviewing Ballads. Great Job Stephanie! I'm sure this week will bring you much better betterness than last week. Good luck!!!!

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

Thanks for all the enthusiasm over the party guys! I'm really excited too. And funny that your anniversary is on my birthday, Melissa!

Thanks for the review Brittany. It was a very nice one and one of my first!

Jazz, addiction is an issue that is quite close to my heart too. I hope you enjoy the book.

Anonymous said...

love partys!

GYPSYWITCh36@YAHOO.COM

Paradox said...

I tweeted once about the launch party as ParadoxRevealed.

paradoxrevealed (at) aim (dot) com