Friday, May 2, 2008

Double Meme Whammy!

Okay, I was hit for this meme by both Simmone Howell and Jeri Smith-Ready, so I guess I have to do it. Fortunately it seems painless. Here it is:

1. Pick up the nearest book. 2. Open it to page 123. Find the fifth sentence. 4. Post the next three sentences. 5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you ...

Nearest book is The Book of Ralph by John McNally. He and I were proposing a writing panel together, I was referencing the book, which is one of my favorite books ever, so it remains on my desk. The second nearest book is actually an ARC of IWBYJR so you almost got a sneak peek. But John will not disappoint, I swear:

Back in the showroom, Ralph said, "What if someone wants to buy a new car from the elephant? It seems screwy to have me all the way across the street."

"I don't think we're actually going to be selling the cars," I said.

Yeah, the mishaps and craziness that Hank and Ralph get into. I love that book.

Now I'm not tagging people cause I don't really feel like it, I'll do a free for all. If you want to do the meme, do it and leave me a comment.

But the best part of the meme comes from Simmone. She added a toilet addendum. She inquires what sort of reading material is in your bathroom.

*wanders to upstairs bathroom to check*

Well the boyfriend is the one who reads in the bathroom so it is a bunch of car magazines, particularly Honda Tuning, Rant: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey by Chuck Palahniuk (*wonders if he knows that's in there*), The George W. Bush Quiz Book and then stuffed in the back are a couple of my magazines, a very old Rolling Stone, Cosmo, and PETA's Animal Times and my school's alumni magazine Demo. The downstairs bathroom also has a magazine rack with very old Rolling Stones and Spins. I need to rotate them out for the new unread Rolling Stones and Spins. I just seem to have no time to read magazines anymore since I hardly have time for books. I skim the music mags, read the PETA one because it's short and always stirs me up.

But now I am off to read the book I have been waiting for forever... Ink Exchange! Please tell me your bathroom reading though!

No comments: