Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Love from the West Coast!

Hi guys, just a real quick note. It has been a whirlwind so far. This is my first night with internet access, and we just drove up PCH from LA to Monterey and tomorrow is onward to San Francisco so I just want to get some sleep. I prolly won't get to do a real update for another week until I get home from Chicago, and I'm not gonna choose the Laura Wiess winner til then either, so feel free to comment on my last blog to enter that contest.

Okay highlights with detail later:

July 12: Arrive in LA, check into our lovely hotel in Beverly Hills, take a cab to Book Soup on Sunset where I finally meet one of my favorite people on earth in person, Alexa Young! The event was amazing and the woman who ran it, Julia at Book Soup was soooooooooo cool!

July 13: Wake up to the most beautiful present from my boyfriend, a diamond promise ring. So so so pretty. So over the moon happy. Yeah, I know it's old fashioned, promise ring before engagement ring and all that, but that is our speed and I couldn't be happier. I promise pics.

The Rock N Read. The rockers and readers and the staff at Virgin=awesome. Not to mention the cool girls whose books I signed :)

July 14: Meetings. Mulholland Drive. La Brea tar pits. Spaceland with Anna and Adam

July 15: Beach day. Santa Monica. Venice. Griffith Observatory.

July 16: Drive up 1. Incredible. Signing with Kelly= awesome and full of laughs.

Thank you to all you lovelies who have wished me happy birthday and wished me well on my book release. It means the world to me. And it has been so amazing meeting people so far like Stephanie who came to my Book Soup reading and all the authors at Rock N Read and especially Alexa Young who I did both my LA events and Kelly Parra who I did a signing with tonight. Those ladies are both so amazingly awesome I can't begin to tell you!!! And I have in my possession a signed copy of FRENEMIES by Alexa and a signed ARC of INVISIBLE TOUCH that will be some of the prizes in my TOUR CONTEST this month, so be sure to check that out.

And if you can make it, come to my remaining events okay! I promise to reply to comments and friend requests and return emails as soon as I can!!!! xoxoxo


July 17th- 6:30 PM, InsideStoryTime Reading Series, Edinburgh Castle Pub, 950 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA

$3-$5 sliding scale
punk-themed readings from local musicians, zinesters, and authors, including
* pop-punk novelist FRANK PORTMAN (King Dork) aka Dr. Frank
* debut novelist STEPHANIE KUEHNERT (I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone)
* zinester-drummer ERICK LYLE (On the Lower Frequencies) aka Iggy Scam
* Dwarves frontman and hardcore novelist BLAG DAHLIA (Nina)
* zinester-literary-luminary AMMI EMERGENCY
* guest MC punk-scene-oral-chronicler JACK BOULWARE


July 18th- 7 PM, Books Inc, Opera Plaza, 601 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA
Reading, Signing and Discussion!

July 22nd- 7 PM, Bailey/Coy Books, 414 Broadway Avenue E. Seattle, WA
Reading, signing, and discussion with me and Corrina Wycoff, author of O Street.

1 comment:

Khy said...

Your schedule sounds really fun, yet very tiring.

And to let you know, me and my friend had a great time at Rock N Read. =D