Friday, May 27, 2011

GCC Presents: Elizabeth Scott!

So guys, I finished my revisions. Woo Hoo! I will tell you about them.... after I take a long weekend and recover from a week of sleep deprivation. In the meantime one of my girlfriends from the Girlfriends Cyber Circuit has a new book out, so I bring you Elizabeth Scott to entertain and enlighten you. She's totally one of my favorite authors so I am really excited about her new book BETWEEN HERE AND FOREVER.

Let's hear about it, shall we!


Q: Please tell us what your new book is about and what inspired you to write it.



Elizabeth: The very start of the idea actually happened back in 2007, when I was writing discussion questions for my first novel, Bloom--I was writing a question about what readers felt the future held for all the characters--and accidentally paired up two characters who weren't supposed to be! At the time, I laughed and changed it, glad I'd caught my mistake--but for some reason the idea of those two characters stayed in my mind and I actually wrote the first scene where they meet and connect on an entirely new level. But at the time, I had a bunch of other stuff going on, and I wasn't sure if anyone would even want to read a sequel to Bloom that wasn't about Lauren and Evan. So, I kept the idea of those two characters together, floating around, and when I got the idea for Abby and her story--well, let's just say
those two characters from Bloom were perfect for an important role in the book. I was thrilled to be able to revisit them as I dove into Abby's world, and everything combined together to create a story that I'm truly proud of.

Q: If there was a soundtrack for your book what are five songs that would be on it and how do they relate the story?

Elizabeth: I don't have five songs, but there is one that makes me think of Between Here and Forever when I hear it: The Only Exception by Paramore

Q: Who were some of your inspirations to become a writer or the inspirations that keep you writing?

Elizabeth: I started writing fiction by accident and what keeps me going is that I love it--and I love hearing from readers!

Q: Even though music plays in so heavily into my storytelling, I rarely can actually listen to it while I'm writing. Can you? How does music fit into your writing process?

Elizabeth: I could listen to music when I write, but I don't. I did, when I first started, but I soon realized I would sink so deeply into what I was working on that I didn't notice anything, and after one Saturday where the same song accidentally played about a billion times in a row, my husband came over to me, waved his hand in front of my face until I noticed him, and then asked if we had to listen to the song again.

I said, "What song?" and since then, haven't listened to music while I write :-)

Q: What is next for you? What are you working on now?

Elizabeth: My next book, As I Wake, will be out on September 15th and it's about Ava, who is welcomed home from the hospital by a doting mother, lively friends, and a crush finally beginning to show interest. There's only one problem: Ava can't remember any of them--and can't shake the eerie feeling that she's not who they say she is. Ava struggles to break through her amnesiac haze as she goes through the motions of high-school life, but the memories that surface take place in a very different world, where Ava and familiar-faced friends are under constant scrutiny and no one can be trusted. Ava doesn't know what to make of these visions, or of the boy who is at the center of them all, until he reappears in her life and offers answers . . . but only in exchange for her trust.

No comments: