Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cyber Launch Party Winners!!!!!

I just want to thank everyone again for coming to my cyber launch party over the last month and of course a huge, huge thank you to the writers and musicians who participated! I had a blast.

And now the best part... choosing the rest of the winners!

The winner of last Monday's contest, the Shrinking Violet Indulgence Pack from Danielle Joseph is: Ashley from blogger

The three winners of last Tuesday's contest, the Bay-Bridged comp CDs are: little miss gnomide, Diana Dang, and Ashley, all from blogger (and go Ashely on two wins!)

The winner of last Wednesday's contest, a copy of Cast the First Stone from Gwendolyn Glover is: What A Girl Reads from blogger!

The winner of last Thursday's contest, a copy of I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone from me is: Runningforfiction from blogger!

The winner of last Friday's contest, a copy of The Girl's Guide to Rocking from Jessica Hopper is: Alexandra from blogger!

And finally.... the grand prize winner and recipient of a basket of MTV/Pocket books is: Tower Of Books from Blogger!!! (Hopefully you are a US resident cause due to shipping that is required to win this prize.)

If all the winners could please send their mailing address to stephanie at stephaniekuehnert dot com (without the at's and dot's spelled out of course), I will pass your info on to the person who is mailing it out. And if you won a prize earlier in the cyber launch and I never emailed your for your address, please email me. (And I'm sorry about that! Things got hectic!) Any prizes that are coming from me won't be shipped out til next week because.... I'm going away to write!!!!!

Yay!!!! The cyber party was fun, but it and all of my other promo of Ballads of Suburbia have left me completely drained and overwhelmed, so I have to escape. One of my professors has a house about 2.5 hrs away in the middle of small town Illinois. There is no TV, no internet, and no phone (well, I have my BlackBerry, but I only plan to use it for emergencies and the occasional tweet). I need this. I can't tell you how much I need distraction free writing even if it is only for four days. It's just me, one of my Critique Partners, a bunch of books (I packed way, way too many books), and our words. (Okay, so we brought some Veronica Mars to watch at night on our laptops to wind down.)

I'm not totally abandoning you though. I mean how could I leave you high and dry after giving you all these great blogs to read for the past month. I'm scheduling some blog posts on blogger. (I have no idea how to do this on LiveJournal or MySpace, so those of you who usually follow me there will need to visit stephaniekuehnert.blogspot.com this week.) I hope you will come back to read them because I've got some good stuff going up including insights into my writing process that will post on Tuesday and Friday (think of them as my angsty writer ballads) and a Women Who Rock Wednesday interview with Megan Kelley Hall (complete with a contest of course!) on Wednesday. I'll be twittering to remind you when these go up and I'm sure I'll tweet some random writing progress reports as well, so follow me if you aren't already :)

Well, I'll see ya in a week and I hope you enjoyed the party and continue to visit my blog. Wish me luck on this writing retreat. I really need it.... More on that tomorrow!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

WOW awesome, thank you! Those were such fun contests. I'm just about to email you my address and all that fun stuff.

Have fun at your retreat! You are lucky - I wish I could get away from everything, too.

marina said...

i'm sad the party is over.

~bean.

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Thanks for hosting such an awesome party! I really enjoyed reading everyone's ballads.

Amber

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the party. I'm home and will be getting the winner's prizes out this week!