Friday, January 23, 2009

Inspired By Contest-- Deadline Extended!

I've gotten a few awesome entries for the "Inspired By" Contest, but I'd love to see more. Since I was so busy with revisions I forgot to remind everyone about it. And maybe now that you've heard all about my next book BALLADS OF SUBURBIA, you're really amped up to get your hands on an Advanced Review Copy of it. To do that, you'll want to enter the "Inspired By" Contest. So I'm extending the deadline until Friday February 20th. That gives you a whole month to work on it, plus Feb 20th is one of my favorite rock stars' birthdays. Anyone know who?

Anyway, before I share contest details, for those of you who missed it, I blogged about my possible wedding dress over here at Teen Fiction Cafe, so you can check it out if you want and weigh in. Though all the weighing in has made my head spin and at this point I guess I'm still keeping my eye out for other dresses as well as a slip to go under this dress. Ugh, honestly I'm feeling all emo and sensitive about the wedding and everything else today and don't really want to talk about, so back to the contest, because that is nothing but pure fun!

Here are all the details, which can also be found on my website here.

There will be two categories for the Inspired By Contest: Fan Art and Soundtrack.

Fan Art Category:

Submit your songs, poems, drawings, paintings, photography, zines etc that are inspired by IWBYJR OR dress up as a character, film a scene from the book, make a She Laughs music video OR design a logo for a She Laughs band t-shirt. Basically anything creative that is inspired by the book will be creative.

You will need to submit your entries by email to stephanie at stephaniekuehnert dot com, which means that you will need to be able to send a photograph of your art project or in the case of songs or videos, you will need to send me a link to where I can hear/see the song/video like on YouTube or MySpace or whatever. Please also include a sentence or so about how the artistic endeavor was inspired by IWBYJR ie "This song is about a relationship like Emily and Johnny's" or "This is me dressing up like Emily did for her first show" or "This is a painting inspired by Louisa." Oh and yes, you can submit up to three entries as long as they are different types, ie. one song, one soundtrack, one She Laughs logo design.

Deadline is February 20th.

Judging will be done by the blog readers. I'll post a blog entry with all the photos and links and ask people to vote. Yeah, you can vote for your own or send your friends to vote for you, that's fine!

Grand Prize will be your choice of a 25$ online gift certificate to either DownloadPunk or Amazon or (if we have them) a She Laughs t-shirt PLUS a signed poster from my Metro reading with Irvine Welsh (signed by me, Irvine, and Bill Hillmann, pictured above) PLUS once I receive them (which may not be until spring), you will get a signed, advanced reader's copy of my next book Ballads of Suburbia!

Second Place will get a signed poster from my Metro reading with Irvine Welsh (signed by me, Irvine, and Bill Hillmann).

Three Runners Up will get signed coverflats of IWBYJR.

All Winners will have their work posted on or linked from my website.

And note that depending on the number of entries, I will try to do a little something for everyone who enters, like either put your stuff up on the website or send you a signed bookmark or something!

A note about the She Laughs logo design entries/making t-shirts: this is the thing I am waiting to get legal clearance on from the publisher. If we get legal clearance (which will probably involve me posting some legal mumbo jumbo and potentially having the winner sign something), I may like to use one or more of the She Laughs logos that is designed to actually sell shirts for charity via a Cafe Press store. If your design is chosen, regardless to how you place in the contest, you will receive a t-shirt with your design!

Soundtrack Category:

This is for those of you who like me, may not be musically or artistically inclined (though I could write a poem or dress up as a character and I'm willing to bet most of you could too) or who just LOVE making mix CDs.

Submit your list of up to 20 songs that would be on your personal IWBYJR soundtrack. Unless the song is super popular (ie. Nirvana' or the Beatles or Britney Spears or something), if you can give a link to where the song can be heard or a YouTube video or something that would be great. Even more awesome, do your soundtrack on Project Playlist. Send the list of songs or link to Project Playlist to stephanie at stephaniekuehnert dot com.

Deadline is February 20th.

Judging will be done by the blog readers and again, you can vote for your own or send your friends to vote for you, that's fine!

Grand Prize will be a copies of both of my soundtracks (I have one for IWBYJR and one for Ballads) PLUS once I receive them (which may not be until spring), you will get a signed, advanced reader's copy of my next book Ballads of Suburbia!

3 Runners Up will receive their choice of either my IWBYJR soundtrack or my Ballads soundtrack.

All Winners will have their soundtracks posted on my website. And depending on the number of entries, I may post all entries on my website.

3 comments:

Liviania said...

Kurt Cobain!

I'm glad you extended this a month, because I didn't finish my entry in time, and now my materials to finish are at my mom's!

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

Yep, you got it!!!

And I would love to see your entry, so I'm glad you are planning to enter. Go get those materials!!! I'm excited!

Anonymous said...

I would like to donate an original piece of rock and roll art to the winner. S. A. Denis www.rockandrollartschool.com Thank you