Monday, December 1, 2008

Twitter, Venus, and a reading tonight!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I had a great time with my fam and my boyfriend's fam and made good money at the bar on Black Wednesday so I can't complain.

Now I am waiting for my editor to send me BALLADS OF SUBURBIA revision notes, which she told me I would have early this week. I'm excited and nervous and absolutely cannot bring myself to work on anything else since I know I have this big project on the horizon. I'm also a bit anxious about how fast they are going to want me to turn the revision around since well, this book comes out two weeks after IWBYJR did and I'd turned in revisions for IWBYJR almost a month ago at this point. Regardless, I am expecting to be blogging a lot less frequently once I start working on BALLADS. So I finally broke down and joined Twitter as a way to keep you all updated in brief little snippets at least of my activities and random thoughts. You can "follow" me (which sounds like stalking, doesn't it? That's okay, I internet stalk, too.) at http://www.twitter.com/writerstephanie. Come stalk and join the fun!

Also I just wanted to remind you all that the Winter Issue of Venus Zine hit the stands today and it has an interview with me and (thanks to everyone who voted again!) IWBYJR is featured as the #2 Best Book of 2008! So check it out if you see it in bookstores or newsstands!

Last but not least, if you are in Chicago tonight, please come see me read with Chris Connelly, Joe Meno, and Jolene Siana at Book Cellar, 4736 N. Lincoln. The fun starts at 7 pm.

No comments: