Friday, August 1, 2008

Bartending Saturday/Sleep Deprivation/Janet Jackson/Rock of Love/Contest

I didn’t sleep last night because I started taking ambien again when sad things happened in June and then kept taking it on tour and am now trying to stop again, so the homecoming/summed-up-feelings-about-tour blog will happen tomorrow. Hopefully. If I get the long overdue cleaning done before I have to go to work. Yes, work on a Saturday night. Why? Because I’m bartending at the Beacon (101 Circle in Forest Park). Wanna see the Beacon’s new beer garden? Wanna hang out and hear more about my vacation or just catch up in general? Wanna get your book signed? Wanna say hello and introduce yourself? Wanna commiserate that, like me, you were too poor to afford Lollapalooza tickets and are missing Rage Against the Machine who you never got to see back in the day either and please please let them come back to Chicago on their own? Or wanna come after Lollapalooza and tell me all the cool stuff I missed? Come to the Beacon between 7:30 and 3! Crap, 3 am. I better sleep tonight…

Anyway, I have three thoughts in my sleep-deprived brain right now besides “come to the Beacon on Saturday.”

1. Go check out my blog at Teen Fiction Café. I know, you are probably thinking, “Stephanie, I’m still catching up on your tour blogs.” Well, dear reader, I’m trying to make up for those two weeks of not blogging, so just try to enjoy it. Besides I’m confessing to an embarrassing secret about a Janet Jackson concert. You’ll want to know about it.

2. Everyone else probably already knows about this as the press release came out while I was traveling, but there is going to be a Rock of Love 3! I knew it would never work out with that Ambre chick. Not that I wanted him with Daisy, but Ambre was just too…cerebral?... for him. He needs to find his Heather. I don’t know why he didn’t just hook up with Heather after Jes didn’t work out on Season 1, but who cares because now we get Season 3! And dude, it is on a bus! It’s going to be like a traveling carnival of melodrama and plastic surgery. I know, as a feminist, I should despise this show. It’s wrong on so many levels, I tell myself that I hate reality TV, and the women are encouraged to be so catty and pathetic. But I can’t help it. It’s my guilty pleasure and I can’t get enough of it. I really hope it’s on Sundays again. I will explain why next week, but for now we’ll just say if it is, it would be really freakin’ cool.

3. I have a contest. It’s supposed to end next week. No one is entering the contest and it’s making me sad. You can win one of several amazing books (Frenemies by Alexa Young, Songs of a Teenage Nomad by Kim Culbertson, King Dork by Frank Portman, O Street by Corrina Wycoff, and best of all an ARC of Invisible Touch by Kelly Parra), all signed, plus some other cool swag from me. So please enter my contest. It’s easy. You just email me a photo of your copy of my book, preferably staged in some fun, creative way. Please?

Okay, I’ll stop now. I get whiny when I’m tired. I really need to sleep tonight.

No comments: