Friday, October 21, 2011

GCC Presents: Kristina Springer!

My Girlfriends Cyber Circuit sister, Kristina Springer has a new book out that sounds perfect for the season, especially if you love pumpkin patches as much as I do. Here are the details about the book and the lowdown from Kristina!

Jamie Edwards has loved everything about growing up on a pumpkin patch, but ever since her cousin Milan Woods arrived, things have really stunk. Jamie can’t imagine it was easy for Milan to leave her life back in Los Angeles and move to Average, Illinois, population one thousand. But it’s kind of hard to feel sorry for her since (a) Milan’s drop-dead gorgeous; (b) she’s the daughter of two of Hollywood’s hottest film stars; (c) she’s captured the attention of everyone in town, including Danny, Jamie’s crush since forever; and (d) she’s about to steal the title of Pumpkin Princess right out from underneath Jamie!

The Interview with Kristina!

Q: Please tell us what your new book is about and what inspired you to write it.

Kristina: I love pumpkin anything—candles, bread, you name it. I was staring at my pumpkin colored kitchen walls and the idea of a pumpkin patch setting popped into my mind. Then I thought what if you were a teen girl who grew up on an awesome touristy pumpkin patch. And I was off from there.

Q: If there was a soundtrack for your book what are five songs that would be on it and how do they relate the story?

Kristina:I can’t think of five songs but the one that came to mind when writing this was Bruno Mars, Just the Way You Are. It reminds me of the main character Jamie.

Q: Who were some of your inspirations to become a writer or the inspirations that keep you writing? Feel free to include other authors, teachers, parents, or people in other creative fields, whoever is an inspiration to you!

Kristina: The very first time I thought I was any good at writing was freshman year in college. I was a nursing major and the teaching assistant in my English class told me something I’d written was really good and that I should submit it somewhere. I switched majors shortly after that.

Q: Even though music plays in so heavily into my storytelling, I rarely can actually listen to it while I'm writing. Can you? How does music fit into your writing process?

Kristina:No, I need quiet. Although, if I’m writing at Starbucks the background music doesn’t bother me.

Q: What is next for you? What are you working on now?

Kristina: Right now my newest YA book, THE PAPARAZZI PROJECT, is on submission. This was a super fun book to write and I think any tabloid loving teen will love it.

No comments: