Saturday, January 8, 2011

Some Fun While I'm Away

In just a few hours I'll be heading to the airport to go off on my writing retreat! The beginning of this week was rough in terms of working on the bartender book, but I made progress over the past couple of days so now I am going into the retreat hopeful and excited that I will make a lot more progress on the book or at the very least (and perhaps most important!) rediscover my love of writing. Either way I hope to return in a week feeling rested (or at least refreshed as if I'm writing and reading all night rest may not happen so much), positive, and like all of 2010's bad juju is behind me.

While I was scrambling to get the book into a state that I could feel good about and preparing other things before I left, I neglected to share some fun stuff with you. So please check this out.

Holly Cupala of the Readergirlz (and fabulous author of Tell Me A Secret, one of my favorite books of 2010) did a "Story Secrets" interview with me about Ballads of Suburbia. It was probably the most honest and in depth I've been in terms of talking about Ballads, plus you can win a signed copy of the book, so read that interview and enter here. Contest ends on Monday so hurry!

Then don't forget about Misha from My Love Affair With Books Blog did a really awesome interview with me me and is giving away a copy of Ballads of Suburbia, so check it out and enter here!

And you have the opportunity to win A TON of books including Ballads at my group blog YA Outside the Lines, all you have to do is follow us on Twitter, so check that contest out here and enter! You can enter until January 15.

Thursday January 13 is my usual day to post at YA Outside the Lines and so I've scheduled a post to appear that day. It's all about prepping for this writing retreat and it's kind of funny.... or maybe just slap-happy like I get when trying to get a bunch of stuff done before a trip. Anyway, check that out on Thursday as you probably won't be hearing much from me over the next week. I will have access to the internet, but I'm going to try to pretend that I don't so I can do nothing but read and WRITE!!!!!

Have a great week guys!

No comments: