Thursday, August 27, 2009

A few exciting things to check out...

Keeping my head down in order to try to get some writing done today, but there were a few things I wanted to share with you.

You may have heard about Kay Cassidy, Tera Lynn Child, Becca Fitzpatrick, and Alyson Noel's new site, Living Your Five that just launched this week, but if you haven't you should know about it. Here is the mission statement of sorts:

Living Your Five is an online community dedicated to changing our world one person at a time. You don't have to cure the world of cancer or banish world hunger in a single day. It's about working together, each of us taking one more step every day. It's about knowing what you care about--what you're passionate about!--and stepping away from the sidelines of your life to make your mark on the world..

You can find out more about it here. Since it is launch week, they have daily contests going on as well as a big huge MEGA contest. Don't miss out, join in and celebrate this fabulous new community!

Another cool site I wanted to tell you about is The Reading List, a new site that is posting audio clips of authors reading excerpts from their books. If you go to the featured writers page, you'll find me listed along with a recording of me reading the beginning of Ballads of Suburbia. I'm not doing as many readings outside of Chicago this time around, so hopefully this gives those of you who wanted to hear me read a taste.

Lastly, last week I wrote a column for my local newspaper, The Forest Park Review about being inspired by local setttings in my fiction, so check it out if you are interested.

Now, back to my manuscript.

1 comment:

little miss gnomide said...

Sweet! Thanks for the suggestions. Also, so proud of you for doing the audio thing. I hate the sound of my voice so I don't think I could ever do that. I have a couple of friends that I'd ask to read instead. ;)